Inspiring people to work together to build a more vibrant and stronger community

follow: @arlemjm

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Great quotes

With the most primitive means the artist creates something which the most ingenious and efficient technology will never be able to create.
::: Kasimir Malevich :::

Whether I'm painting or not, I have this overweening interest in humanity. Even if I'm not working, I'm still analyzing people.
::: Alice Neel :::

A painter paints the appearance of things, not their objective correctness, in fact he creates new appearances of things.
::: Ernst Ludwig Kirchner :::

All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness.
::: Eckhart Tolle :::

I'm painting an idea not an ideal. Basically I'm trying to paint a structured painting full of controlled, and therefore potent, emotion.
::: Euan Uglow :::

I've never believed in God, but I believe in Picasso.
::: Diego Rivera :::

I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
::: Andrew Wyeth :::

I am essentially a painter of the kind of still life composition that communicates a sense of tranquillity and privacy, moods which I have always valued above all else.
::: Giorgio Morandi :::

A sincere artist is not one who makes a faithful attempt to put on to canvas what is in front of him, but one who tries to create something which is, in itself, a living thing.
::: William Dobell :::

To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.
::: Giorgio de Chirico :::

There's no retirement for an artist, it's your way of living so there's no end to it.
::: Henry Moore :::

You come to nature with all her theories, and she knocks them all flat.
::: Renoir :::

I’m not an abstractionist. I’m not interested in the relationship of color or form or anything else. I’m interested only in expressing basic human emotions: tragedy, ecstasy, doom, and so on.
::: Mark Rothko :::

Painting is so poetic, while sculpture is more logical and scientific and makes you worry about gravity.
::: Damien Hirst :::

The true work of art is but a shadow of the divine perfection.
::: Michelangelo :::

Believe it or not, I can actually draw.
::: Jean Michel Basquiat :::
Share:
© j.a.Molina Creative | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig