Inspiring people to work together to build a more vibrant and stronger community

follow: @arlemjm

Monday, January 25, 2010

Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs


Lately I've been hearing a lot of my friends talk about "Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs" ... LOL. I'm referring to Chuck Klosterman's book. "Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs: A Low Culture Manifesto" is an essay collection that draws comparisons between popular culture and important social and interpersonal issues. I've heard it happens to be witty at times. I just ordered it of Amazon.com and I can't wait for it to come in the mail. The following are quotes that had a lot to do with me purchasing the book. I have a lot of art history reading going on at the moment, but I'm sure I'll get to it eventually.

I don't know why, but for some reason this books reminds me of "Chicken Soup for the teenage soul" perhaps I'm just drawing a comparison between tittles and the essay collection, but we'll see. Did I mention I love, love, love cocoa puffs!? lol, yes I do. I probably won't write a review about this book for a while, so come back later and look for it. Again, I can't wait for it to come in the mail. I'm excited for some sex, drugs, and cocoa puffs.

Quotes from the book:

"People who talk about their dreams are actually trying to tell you things about themselves they’d never admit in normal conversation."

"Anybody who says they are a good liar obviously is not, because any legitimately savvy liar would always insist they're honest about everything. "

"Being interesting has been replaced with being identifiable"
Share:
© j.a.Molina Creative | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig