Inspiring people to work together to build a more vibrant and stronger community

follow: @arlemjm

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I think in color



People always say your last quarter in college is the easiest one, well... I made the mistake of saving my toughest requirements for the end. I'm taking a philosophy class to satisfy my QSR requirement and a 500 level Chinese Art History class for my major. They're both time consuming and well, I don't want to say they're boring, but I just don't like them. The material is not something I'm interested in and the workload is just ridiculous. However, I am taking surface class with Professor Lou Cabeen. I took a class with her back in Autumn quarter and I loved it so much I decided to take her class this quarter. It's my favorite class this quarter and it could be one of my favorite college classes. She's an amazing professor. I wish all my professors were just like her. She understands everyone has a different way to approach a project and respects it. One of my favorite things about her is the fact that she encourages us to experiment and break the rules. I think everyone at UW should take a class with Professor Cabeen. Thanks to her, I've developed an appreciation for surface and developed a huge interest in surface design. I love color. I'm drawn to experiment with abstract surfaces and her assignments allow me to do so, as well as to think in color.
Share:
© j.a.Molina Creative | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig