Inspiring people to work together to build a more vibrant and stronger community

follow: @arlemjm

Friday, February 10, 2012

Daily Affirmations... Overdose!

I need to get this off my chest.
The following is common knowledge...
- My borderline obsession with Polka Dots.
- Sending and receiving postcards makes me happy.
- I developed a love for pickles last Spring. *Yum!
And... I enjoy quotes. Try to post them daily. Use them in my artwork, etc.
I guess it comes from reading. No, I don't read 2-3 books a month, wish I did but I have six books on my nightstand and I read chapters and then I move on to the next book. Some of them are so interesting that I might keep reading for a while, but I never make it to the end. Similar to my previous "relationships", this last one lasted a little over 6 months... and by a little a mean like a few days. More on that later.
So, yeah... affirmations. I'm all about them! I think that people should do whatever it takes to find motivation. Whether its the motivation to start a diet, get a new job, go back to school, leave a relationship, boost their confidence, etc. But seriously, some people just overdose on quotes and daily affirmations. I know a few!!! And for the record, saying you're happy is not the same as being happy.
"Hey Jenn, Are you happy!?" seems to be the question of the day whenever I hang out with some of my friends. And then I start thinking... "Well, I was happy until you asked! wtf, now I remember I have a few deadlines, not enough money to buy all the art supplies I'd love to buy, the fact that most of my best friends are in relationships, and the ones who aren't like YOURSELF walk around talking about the positivity in the universe, how we need to visualize what we want, etc. It's annoying, so thanks for the reminder, you a-hole!!" but instead, I smile and say, of course. Life is good.
Yeah, yeah... I'm not the most emotional girlie girl out there, I can be somewhat "negative" (which by the way I think its an awful and very negative label for someone who is just realistic), but most important of all I'm not fake. And Gawd, why is it that lately I feel that all these people who are walking around jumping, screaming, and pretty much puking "positive energy" are just a bunch of phonies. It really does!
Let's face it. Not everyone is happy 24/7, 365.
And if you said "I am, I wake up every morning and tell myself that its up to me to be happy, blah, blah,blah" then you're full of shit.
I wake up every morning (that is when I go to bed before 5am) and remind myself of how blessed I am and of all the good things in my life. But life isn't perfect and we don't get it our way all the time. So, from time to time somewhere during the day or that week... something will come along and act as a reminder of what we're missing. And not just something we're missing, but that something we want and don't have. And it will make us sad. Yes, we will do our best to ignore it and think of all the good, how blessed we are, blah, blah, blah.... it won't away.
So, go ahead and walk around puking positive energy, but don't expect others to do the same. Be respectful and let people deal with their "problems" how ever they feel like it, as long as they're not hurting anyone. We all deal with things different.
I'll get off my soap box now. Happy Friday everyone!!
Share:
© j.a.Molina Creative | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig