Inspiring people to work together to build a more vibrant and stronger community

follow: @arlemjm

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Homemade bath salt is super easy and inexpensive to create.

Homemade bath salt is super easy and inexpensive to create. It's great for personal use or it makes a thoughtful gift idea! Here’s how you can make some for yourself in a matter of minutes…

Life can be stressful, especially during the holidays. Holiday shopping, traffic, family expectations, weather changing, long work hours, you name it. It's all there!
As many of you already know, I have a habit of working around the clock. There's so much I want to do and my creativity tends to skyrocket after dark. Sleepless in Seattle. That's me! But usually, my body tells me when I've had enough and we need a break. So, a long bath and sleep. It's the perfect combination for me! After my long work weeks or even just a hectic day; I absolutely look forward to a glass of wine, a relaxing bath and music. Bath salt is the perfect touch to help me wash away the cares of the day.

Did you know that there’s tons of research about the wonderful health benefits of salt in your bath water? I read that it helps with muscle aches, stress relief, improving circulation, skin hydration, headache relief and more… its simply fabulous.

You need a few simple ingredients, your prettiest jars or small plastic bags for easier storage. It doesn't take a long time! You can do it while watching your favorite show, listening to music or hanging out with your loved ones.

Supplies:

- 1 cup Epson Salt
- 1 cup Sea Salt
- Essential Oil
- Food Coloring
- Latex Gloves

Find a work area (away from children, if you have them around), gather your supplies, put on your latex gloves and let the magic and aromatherapy overload begin.

Start by mixing 1 cup Epson Salt and 1 cup of Sea Salt together in a large bowl.
Start off with just a few drops and add more until you get the color you want.
I recommend mixing for at least five minutes.
Add 5-10 drops of essential oil {I used Eucalyptus} and mix, mix, mix.
Spoon your bath salt into beautiful jars, bottles or plastic bags.
And you're done. It’s that simple!

At this point your surroundings will smell amazing, and you'll probably be relax. Enjoy it.

Hugs*
Share:
© j.a.Molina Creative | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig