Inspiring people to work together to build a more vibrant and stronger community

follow: @arlemjm

Thursday, January 9, 2014

If I can dream it, I can do it. Hello 2014! Time to gather up all your scattered dreams and build the life you love.

It has been a while since my last post. The last few months of 2013 were busy, challenging, magical... definitely one for the books. Everyone is trying to take on more responsibilities for the new year and I'm over here just trying to live a more simple-stress free life. I don't have the energy to work 20 hour days and pull all nighters.

At lunch the other day, an old friend and I were discussing changes in our lives and how everything feels very new and different. And even though we are still learning to adjust to our new lifestyles, it feels right. We were reminiscing about our college days, nightlife adventures, fashion choices, as well as the romantic relationships and friendships that didn't last. It is always nice to take a trip down memory lane, especially with those who have always been there for the ride. The more we talked about the past and the present, the more excited we got about the future. We don't feel like we're missing out on anything and we are right where we need to be at this point in time.

On my way home I started to think about everything that happened last year and how even those moments that I hate thinking about shaped me into the woman I am today. It was a great year! Sure it had its ups and downs, but that is what made it amazing. And then I thought about the previous years and how I'm almost 30 years old and damit, life has been crazy but it has also been fabulous.

Interestingly enough, my college break up was a huge turning point in my life. I was 26 years old and for the first time in my life, I began to not worry so much about the big picture and learned to simply enjoy the moment. I became the queen of going with the flow and I began to smile more and cry less. The only thing making me unhappy was my job. I was working long hours and not enjoying my life. I put on the corporate fifteen! lol, my version of the freshman fifteen. I was always tired, moody, didn't have time for my friends, family, or my art. At the beginning of 2012, I thought about money and how it makes a huge difference in life, but it does not make you happy. So, I left my high paying corporate job and chased my dreams. I focused on my art, volunteered a lot more and I became a teacher. As a result, I began to truly live my life. I felt like I got my happy glow back and people saw that too. My choices motivated a lot of my friends to follow their dreams. I also lost a few friends along the way, but reconnected with amazing people from my past.

What's the purpose of my rant? You're always going to be judged no matter what... so you need to stay true to yourself! Do what makes you happy. Cliche? I know! But it's true. If you hate waking up and going to your job every morning, then do something about it. Find what makes you happy. Gather up all your scattered dreams and build the life you love. The life you want to live and possibly share with someone in the future. It won't be easy. You'll want to give up and go back to your old ways. And if you do, then that's fine. Because at least, you took that leap of faith and tried it. Don't see it as failure! See it as a learning experience. Take a risk. It's worth it.
Share:
© j.a.Molina Creative | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig