Inspiring people to work together to build a more vibrant and stronger community

follow: @arlemjm

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Metal Stamping | Practice Makes Progress

As many of you might already know from my Instagram and Facebook posts, metal stamping is the latest trend around my studio. It might be even okay to say that I'm completely obsessed with it. I mean, can you blame me? The process is simply amazing. 



People often ask me, "What kind of art do you make?" my answer is simple. My work is constantly evolving as I learn and grow thanks to new life experiences. 

I choose to collaborate with my subjects, my surroundings and materials rather than control them. 




Art is how I explore my relationship with the world around me. It is an outlet for my ideas, my energy, my creativity, and even my frustrations. I've always been that person who has the need to play with different mediums, break the rules, think outside the box. So why should I limit myself to one medium? I am driven by my passion to create. There is no better feeling than to use my hands and let my ideas become a reality through them. I'm extremely happy with my progress and looking forward to putting together a few fun creations. 


Practice Makes Progress

In case you didn't know, I am also the owner of the Etsy shop, j.a.Molina Creative. I use it to share new work, but you don't have to buy through there. You can always contact me directly and make a payment via paypal and we can both save money on fees. I am currently in the process of adding new inventory, so until then stay tuned for the announcement coming your way soon. 





Last night I decided to stay in and I am glad I did because I am in love with my creations. Yes, there might of been lots of errors, but practice makes progress. 

Check out some of my late night craftiness and feel free to fall in love with it, just like I did. *wink*











I am constantly looking at the work of others for inspiration and tips on how to get better. Pinterest is definitely a great place to do that. So many amazing creations. I haven't had a chance to do so, but later this month I will share some fun tutorials I've been coming across.

Last but not least, I just want to give a huge shout out to my moms for getting me a bunch of metal stamping supplies for Christmas. You guys should've seen my face when I opened my presents. Yup, it's the little things in life that make me happy. And of course, nothing like having the support of my loved ones when it comes to my new crazy ideas.  I am truly blessed.

Until next time!




Share:
© j.a.Molina Creative | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig