Inspiring people to work together to build a more vibrant and stronger community

follow: @arlemjm

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

11 bonkers quotes from Donald Trump's campaign announcement

11 bonkers quotes from Donald Trump's campaign announcement
by  on June 16, 2015, 4:30 p.m. ET



Donald Trump, real estate billionaire and reality TV star, announced his presidential campaign today in a dramatic and eccentric speech at the Trump Tower in New York City. Here are some of the strangest quotes from the Republican field's strangest candidate:
  1. On Mexican immigrants: "When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best [sic]. They're sending people that have lots of problems. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists."
  2. On Obamacare, which he also called the Big Lie: "It is going to be amazingly destructive."
  3. On Obamacare deductibles: "You have to get hit by a tractor, literally a tractor, to use it, because the deductibles are so high it's virtually useless. It is a disaster."
  4. On HealthCare.gov: "We have a 5 billion dollar website. I have so many websites ... I hire people. They do a website. It costs me three dollars."
  5. On the American dream: "Sadly the American dream is dead. But if I get elected president, I will bring it back bigger and better and stronger than ever before, and we will make America great again."
    Julia Jester | Vox
    (Darren McCollester/Getty Images)
  6. On what makes a good president: "We need a leader that wrote The Art of the Deal."
  7. On foreign policy: "I beat China all the time."
  8. On his personality: "People say, 'Mr. Trump, you’re not a nice person.' But actually I am."
  9. On Jeb Bush: "He's weak on immigration. He's in favor of Common Core. How the hell can you vote for this guy?"
  10. On building walls: "I will build a great wall — and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me —and I'll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."
  11. On Obama: "I'd love him to leave early and play [golf]. That would be a good thing."
Share:
© j.a.Molina Creative | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig