Inspiring people to work together to build a more vibrant and stronger community

follow: @arlemjm

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Why is paddle boarding a great summer workout?


Paddle boarding is a new fitness trend that’s sweeping across the world. I promise, it’s a lot of fun, it’s challenging and paddle boarding burns a ton of calories too. It’s one of my favorite vacation activities that help me stay fit and enjoy my time off.

Paddle boarding is like canoeing, only instead of sitting you have to stand up and instead of a canoe, you use an oversized surf board with a long paddle. It’s also known as stand-up boarding, or – for those dare devils who actually attempt to catch waves – it’s known as paddle surfing. To try paddle boarding you need to be able to swim and you’ll need a sense of humor to go with a paddle board and paddle. I first tried it in 2012 and fell in love with it. I definitely recommend taking a few lessons first. Once you feel comfortable, go out in the water and practice. Please remember to wear your life jacket and have fun. You can do this alone or with your friends. Just another reason I love paddle boarding.
Share:
© j.a.Molina Creative | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig