Inspiring people to work together to build a more vibrant and stronger community

follow: @arlemjm

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Learning Hand Embroidery

Ok, so let me begin by saying embroidery is not just for old people. I know my friends usually laugh when they see me working on a new piece, but its very fun and it can be a great way to relax. And the final product can be super cute!

Throughout the month I'll be posting some blogs about my upcoming hand embroidery projects. So today I'm going to give you the term talk. Let's define some things, starting with the term hand embroidery. Embroidery is the embellishment of a ground (fabric, paper, leather, whatever...) using thread made out of various materials. Generally, embroidery implies using a needle and thread to embellish something. Hand embroidery is this kind of embellishment done without the aid of a machine - by hand, in other words!
Share:
© j.a.Molina Creative | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig