Inspiring people to work together to build a more vibrant and stronger community

follow: @arlemjm

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

2010 Artist Trust EDGE Program

So, it's finals week. Yikes!! ... most of you are already aware of this. By the way, thanks for the motivational texts and emails. It means the world to have the support of my family and friends.

Last month I applied to this year's Artist Trust EDGE Program and today I received a phone call saying I've been accepted. The program will take place July 16-August 27 in Seattle on weekends. I am beyond excited!!

So, what is EDGE? It is designed for visual artists, writers and filmmakers. The EDGE Professional Development Program is a comprehensive survey of professional arts practices offered through a hands-on, interactive curriculum that includes instruction by professionals in the field, specialized presentations, panel discussions and assignments. The EDGE Program provides artists with the relevant and necessary entrepreneurial skills to achieve their personal career goals and the opportunity to build community through peer support and exchange.

Also, I want to thank Visual Artist Juan Alonso and other artists for raising money for the scholarship fund. I will be one of the participants receiving one of the scholarships. It definitely means the world to me.

Well, that's it for now.

Hugs,

Jennifer!
Share:
© j.a.Molina Creative | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig