Inspiring people to work together to build a more vibrant and stronger community

follow: @arlemjm

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Lost Pelican Bar and Grill brings Southern Cuisine to Seattle

Having lived in Downtown Seattle for over 6 years, I developed an appreciation for local bars. There was nothing I enjoyed more than meeting up with friends for happy hour. We always looked for good drinks, delicious food and great customer service. 

Now that I live in West Seattle, I apply the same rule of thumb to my neighborhood bars and restaurants, but every now and then I manage to still meet up with friends after work. 

That's how we ended up at The Lost PelicanOwner Mike Forte, who also owns The Lookout in Capitol Hill, named this “Creole-inspired” bar and grill after the state bird of Louisiana being lost somewhere on the west coast, luckily for us, he's in the heart of Belltown. 

We ordered several plates, including the Cat Fish Tacos, Eggplant Tapenade and cheese grits. Don't judge me, but I couldn't get enough of the cornbread muffin with maple butter. It was so good! All the food was excellent and we left nothing on the plates. Along with the fabulous service and the warm atmosphere, it was the perfect late night happy hour. 

Mike wants to bring the culture and style of Louisiana and New Orleans to Seattle for everyone over 21 to enjoy. That's right my friends, you have to be over 21 to check out this spot. So go ahead and stop by The Lost Pelican on 1st and Battery. They are open from 3pm-2am every day and of course, they have an amazing happy hour waiting for you. 


Share:
© j.a.Molina Creative | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig