Inspiring people to work together to build a more vibrant and stronger community

follow: @arlemjm

Sunday, January 31, 2016

February Squat Challenge. Are you up for it!?



Squats are an amazing exercise that can really boost your overall health in many ways. And there is no equipment is necessary. You can do them any time, any where. Even a few go a long way! Using the major muscles in your legs along with your glutes, squats help to strengthen these core muscles including your lower back and calves. I have found my core strength and stability to improve as well as my posture by doing squats over the years. So, what do you say? Are you up for this squat challenge? I know I can’t wait!

What is a Squat?
In strength training, the squat is a compound, full body exercise that trains primarily the muscles of the thighs, hips and buttocks, quads (vastus lateralus medialis and intermedius), hamstrings, as well as strengthening the bones, ligaments and insertion of the tendons throughout the lower body. Squats are considered a vital exercise for increasing the strength and size of the legs and buttocks, as well as developing core strength. Isometrically, the lower back, the upper back, the abdominals, the trunk muscles, the costal muscles, and the shoulders and arms are all essential to the exercise and thus are trained when squatting with proper form. (Wikipedia)

Here’s how the Monthly Fitness Challenges work:
1. I'll share the new fitness challenge the last week of the month.
2. If you want to join in, you can post your progress in the comments below or post it on my FB page.
3. During the month, I will train for the exercise and try to share what workouts I do for it.
4. At the end of the month, I’ll post again with my final results.
5. If you’re following along, you can share your results too!
6. Please do not over do it. If you need to take a day off to rest up your sore muscles please do so. The goal is to have fun and find what works for you.
7. Have fun!!
Share:
© j.a.Molina Creative | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig