Inspiring people to work together to build a more vibrant and stronger community

follow: @arlemjm

Sunday, February 28, 2016

DIY Enchanted Fairy House from Twigs, Cardboard and Recycled Materials

Fairy houses are perfect rainy day crafts for everyone and can be made from foraged bits or recycled materials, such as twigs and cardboard. They can be simple or ornate, how you choose to construct yours is entirely up to you. 

I fell in love with the process and decided to branch out so i can eventually have an entire village arranged around my garden. Here are some of the photos from my latest fairy house. It's not done yet, since it turned out to be a little more time consuming than I expected but I've really enjoyed making it. I probably won't work on it again until the resin I applied to it is completely dry but I will share the next steps on a new post. 

You see a box. I see limitless creativity.



Spackling paste and tissue paper 







I was doubting myself, but then I began to see it.







Time to add some color.



And of course, you have to let the paint dry so I decided to make a water wheel for my fairy village.




It turned out just the way I wanted it



And it was time to get back to the fairy house....



but it was 4am so I decided to take my insomniac creative butt to bed and get some rest. So I went for a walk first thing in the morning and collected twigs and other fun stuff.


It definitely does not look like anything on my Pinterest boards, but I am not giving up. I know it's going to turn out great.





It's a work in progress but I like it.


Now, I have to wait a day or so for the resin to dry and then I shall continue working on the back and sides of the house. I plan on adding some moss to the roof and a splash of color to the door. So there you have it. My rainy day craft project. Until next time. 



Share:
© j.a.Molina Creative | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig